COVID-19 Town Council News
Coronavirus – Statement by Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council – 22/01/2021
Following the Prime Minister announcement that England was going into National Lockdown from midnight on Monday 4th January 2021, Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council can confirm the following:-
- The office doors will continue to remain closed to the public in accordance with UK Government advice of those who can work from home effectively must do so to stop the spread of Coronavirus. Town Council office staff are contactable through the following email: email@example.com or 01793 850222 which will be picked up and responded to.
- Members of the grounds maintenance team will operate as normal for the moment. We kindly urge residents to respect staff whilst they work and observe social distancing.
- Virtual Council meetings will continue to be held as per agreed Calendar of Meetings, with notification of and how to join a meeting posted on the Town Council website and social media pages. Agendas, Appendices and Minutes are posted on the website too.
- The operation of the planning system remains on an ‘email’ basis, as the Council are a consultee in the process, not the decision-maker. Residents are encouraged to contact their local Town Councillor if they have any issues/concerns on any live planning application, which can be viewed on the Wiltshire Council website.
- Work with Wiltshire Council and colleagues across the county is ongoing in respect of cemetery provision, to increase capacity to achieve a state of readiness to allow funerals to take place in a dignified yet efficient manner at volume.
- Tenants of the newly acquired Church St Allotments can visit their plot, but should note time spent outside the home should be minimised and limited to once per day, as per Government Guidance on exercising outside. Visitors and users to abide also the guidance on meeting with people outside and following social distancing.
- Visitors to Downs View cemetery, please remember “hands, face, space” and follow the latest guidance on meeting with people outside.
- CCTV unit remains open under the command of our CCTV Supervisor, however volunteers have been advised to stay home. The camera system still records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Council run play areas will stay open and we will continue to ensure health and safety inspections take place as normal. Please follow the guidance notices posted around each play area.
- Residents can use public spaces for exercise but are reminded to follow the latest government advice on accessing green spaces safely.
- The lake is open to the public, please remember to use the one-way system set up around the lake to encourage social distancing.
- Fishing with a season ticket is permitted and verified daily. Please follow the guidance on exercising outdoors and meeting people outside.
- Please continue to check the Jubilee Lake Tea Rooms Facebook page, for latest news on opening days and hours. They will provide a takeaway service only and all seating has been removed.
- The market continues to operate for essential stall holders only. The Council will keep residents and visitors of traders’ non-attendance via our website and social media. Please remember to social distance and wear mask where appropriate when shopping at the market and stay home if told to do so, or are symptomatic.
- The Town Council’s public toilets at Borough Fields and Jubilee Lake are open for the moment. Cleaning of the toilets will take place as normal.
- The Town Council has made the decision to start planning for Christmas Lights & Shopping Evening and Remembrance Parade for 2021, but will review the situation in the coming months, following government guidance.
- The Youth Services operated by The Rise Trust will continue to operate once a week [on Tuesdays].
The Town Council continues to closely follow Government advice and encourage the public to also follow the official advice from the Government to social distance, wear face masks and stay home if told to do so, or are symptomatic. Any changes to the situation at the Town Council will be communicated on the Council website and social media pages.
Acting Town Clerk & Administrative Services Manager