COVID-19 Town Council News
Coronavirus – Statement by Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council – 26/07/2021
England moved to step 4 out of lockdown from Monday 19th July 2021, and the UK Government has published new guidance on how to stay safe and help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. Therefore the Town Council can confirm the following:-
- The Council Office is open as normal to the public with the reception area made Covid secure.
- Members of the grounds maintenance team will operate as normal. We kindly urge residents to respect staff whilst they work and observe social distancing.
- From 7th May 2021 Face to Face Council meetings returned. Meetings will be held in a COVID-19 secure venue with Councillors and Officers in attendance. Members of the public can send in questions, at least 2 days prior to the meeting, by writing in to email@example.com The Committee will reply in writing. To find out when meetings will be held please visit Calendar of Meetings webpage. Notification of meetings are posted on the Town Council website and social media pages. Agendas, Appendices and Minutes are also posted on the website.
- The operation of the planning system remains on an ‘email’ basis, as the Council are a consultee in the process, not the decision-maker. Residents are encouraged to contact their local Town Councillor if they have any issues/concerns on any live planning application, which can be viewed on the Wiltshire Council website.
- Work with Wiltshire Council and colleagues across the county is ongoing in respect of cemetery provision, so funerals continue to take place in a dignified yet efficient manner.
- Tenants of the newly acquired Church St Allotments can visit their plot without restriction, but should limit close contact with those you do not live with, as encouraged in the latest advice given.
- Visitors to Downs View cemetery can do so without restriction, but should limit close contact with those you do not live with, as encouraged in the latest advice given.
- The hall has now re-opened for public use and we are gradually taking bookings from now. Please contact the council office for prices and availability.
- CCTV unit is open.
- The Council run play areas are open and we will continue to ensure health and safety inspections take place as normal. Please continue to follow the guidance notices posted around each play area.
- Residents can use public spaces for exercise, but should limit close contact with those you do not live with, as encouraged in the latest advice given.
- The lake is open to the public, we kindly ask visitors to continue to use the one-way system set up around the lake to encourage social distancing and help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Fishing with a season ticket is permitted and verified daily. From Monday 17th May 2021 the Angling Club started issuing day tickets, please contact Terry Strange on 01793 346730 for more information.
- Jubilee Lake Tea Rooms are still continuing with their takeaway service, but outside seating is now provided. They are open Wednesdays to Sundays during term time and usually 7 days a week during school holidays, weather depending. Please continue to check the Jubilee Lake Tea Rooms Facebook page, for latest updates.
- The market is operating as normal. The Council will keep residents and visitors of traders’ non-attendance via our website and social media.
- The Town Council’s public toilets at Borough Fields and Jubilee Lake are open. Cleaning of the toilets will take place as normal.
- The Town Council is continuing with planning for Christmas Lights & Shopping Evening and Remembrance Parade for 2021, but will review the situation in the coming months, following government guidance.
- The Youth Services operated by The Rise Trust will continue to operate once a week [on Tuesdays].
The Town Council continues to closely follow Government advice and encourage the public to also follow the official advice from the Government to social distance, wear face masks and stay home if told to do so, or are symptomatic. Any changes to the situation at the Town Council will be communicated on the Council website and social media pages.
Administrative Services Manager & Acting Town Clerk