COVID-19 Town Council News
Coronavirus – Statement by Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council – 14/12/2021
The UK Government has recently announced that England has moved to Plan B in response to the Omicron variant. Therefore the Town Council can confirm the following:-
- The Council Office is open but will close to the public at lunchtimes from 12.30pm to 1.30pm from today. We kindly request visitors to the office wear face masks, unless exempt.
- Members of the grounds maintenance team will operate as normal. We kindly urge residents to respect staff whilst they work and observe social distancing.
- Face to Face Council meetings will continue. Meetings will be held in a COVID-19 secure venue with Councillors and Officers in attendance. To find out when meetings will be held please visit Calendar of Meetings webpage. Notification of meetings are posted on the Town Council website and social media pages. Agendas, Appendices and Minutes are also posted on the website.
- The operation of the planning system remains on an ‘email’ basis, as the Council are a consultee in the process, not the decision-maker. Residents are encouraged to contact their local Town Councillor if they have any issues/concerns on any live planning application, which can be viewed on the Wiltshire Council website.
- Work with Wiltshire Council and colleagues across the county is ongoing in respect of cemetery provision, so funerals continue to take place in a dignified yet efficient manner.
- Tenants of the newly acquired Church St Allotments can visit their plot without restriction, but may wish to limit close contact with those you do not live with, as encouraged in the latest advice given.
- Visitors to Downs View cemetery can do so without restriction, but may wish to limit close contact with those you do not live with, as encouraged in the latest advice given.
- The hall is open for public use and we are taking bookings. Please contact the council office for prices and availability. As per latest guidance face masks will be required by law to be worn in the hall, unless exempt. Users of the Hall will be encouraged to let fresh air in to reduce the risk of catching or spreading Covid-19.
- CCTV unit is open.
- The Council run play areas are open and we will continue to ensure health and safety inspections take place as normal. Please continue to follow the guidance notices posted around each play area.
- Residents can use public spaces for exercise, but may wish to limit close contact with those you do not live with, as encouraged in the latest advice given.
- The lake is open to the public.
- Day tickets are available for fishing and are verified regularly. When visiting, please follow the government’s latest advice.
- Jubilee Lake Tea Rooms are still continuing with their takeaway service, but outside seating is now provided. They are open Wednesdays to Sundays during term time and usually 7 days a week during school holidays, weather depending. Please continue to check the Jubilee Lake Tea Rooms Facebook page, for latest updates.
- The market is operating as normal. The Council will keep residents and visitors of traders’ non-attendance via our website and social media.
- The Town Council’s public toilets at Borough Fields and Jubilee Lake are open. Cleaning of the toilets will take place as normal. We would encourage users of our toilets to wear face masks, unless exempt, to help reduce the risk of catching or spreading Covid-19.
- The Town Council is continuing with planning for council events, but will regularly review the situation following government guidance.
- The Youth Services operated by The Rise Trust will continue to operate once a week [on Tuesdays].
The Town Council continues to closely follow Government advice and encourage the public to also follow the official advice from the Government to social distance, wear face masks and stay home if told to do so, or are symptomatic. Any changes to the situation at the Town Council will be communicated on the Council website and social media pages.
Administrative Services Manager & Acting Town Clerk