The Town Council also post regular updates on our Facebook Page.
Coronavirus – Statement by Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council – 25/09/2020
In line with recent Government advice, Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council has taken the following decisions:-
- The office doors will close at 4pm on Friday 25th September 2020 to the public.
- Arrangements have been made for office staff to work from home and will be contactable through the following email: email@example.com or mobile 07595 220655 which will be picked up and responded to. We will continue to provide a comprehensive service remotely and kindly ask residents to bear with us once again, during this challenging time.
- Members of the grounds maintenance team will operate as normal for the moment. We kindly urge residents to respect staff whilst they work and observe social distancing.
- Virtual Council meetings will continue to be held as per agreed Calendar of Meetings, with notification of and how to join a meeting posted on the Town Council website and social media pages. Agendas, Appendices and Minutes are posted on the website too.
- The operation of the planning system remains on an ‘email’ basis, as the Council are a consultee in the process, not the decision-maker. Residents are encouraged to contact their local Town Councillor if they have any issues/concerns on any live planning application, which can be viewed on the Wiltshire Council website.
- Work with Wiltshire Council and colleagues across the county is ongoing in respect of cemetery provision, to increase capacity to achieve a state of readiness to allow funerals to take place in a dignified yet efficient manner at volume.
- CCTV unit remains open under the command of our CCTV Supervisor, however with a reduced number of volunteers. The camera system still records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Council run play areas will stay open and we will continue to ensure health and safety inspections take place as normal. Please follow the guidance notices posted around each play area.
- Residents can use public spaces for exercise but are reminded to follow the latest government advice on accessing green spaces safely.
- The lake is open to the public, please remember to use the one-way system set up around the lake to encourage social distancing.
- Fishing with a season ticket is still be permitted but will continually be reviewed in line with government guidance.
- Please continue to check the Jubilee Lake Tea Rooms Facebook page, for latest news on opening days and hours.
- The market continues to operate, although it will be up to individual traders to decide whether or not to attend. The Council will keep residents and visitors of traders’ non-attendance via our website and social media.
- The Town Council’s public toilets at Borough Fields and Jubilee Lake are open for the moment. Cleaning of the toilets will take place as normal.
- The Town Council have no plans to organise public events at present.
- The Youth Services operated by The Rise Trust will continue to operate once a week [on Tuesdays].
The Town Council continues to closely follow Government advice and encourage the public to also follow the official advice from the Government. Any changes to the situation at the Town Council will be communicated on the Council website and social media pages.
Acting Town Clerk & Administrative Services Manager
Stay Alert – Control the Virus – Save Lives