Welcome to Wootton Bassett Memorial Hall
Wootton Bassett Memorial Hall inaugurated on 21st May 1964 is centrally situated in the town centre. Royal Wootton Bassett is situated close to the M4 junction 16 exit. Swindon, Lyneham, Malmesbury and Cricklade are the neighbouring towns.
Previously managed by a volunteer committee, Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council become sole corporate trustees on 29th January 2021, Registered Charity No 30598. Since taking over as trustees, the Council have made the building more secure, with many improvements and modernisations to make the venue easier and better for all to enjoy. This pertains to the safety, management, appearance, comfort and convenience and to minimise the carbon footprint of the hall.
The next phase of works to re-varnish the wooden floor in the Main Hall and bar lounge area was carried out in October 2023.
Councillors are proud to be Trustees and continue to look forward to supporting local groups, clubs and sharing special occasions with the local community.
The Memorial Hall (Capacity 1-200) consists of:-
- A main hall that has a stage, bar lounge & bar facilities and a large kitchen.
- The Upper Room, can hold up to 20 persons, is self-contained with hot and cold running water sink also a microwave and kettle.
- The Committee/Dressing Room is self-contained and can hold 15 people.
- The Hall has a large car park, and disabled access and separate disabled toilet.
- The Hall is a licenced premise and has a full alcohol licence.
- An unmanned building with 24-hour security system and key collection point at Town Council Office.
- The Hall is a Polling Station and also an emergency Rest Centre.
- No smoking establishment with Fire & Safety procedures in place.
See link to view Floor Plan
Wootton Bassett Memorial Hall
Royal Wootton Bassett
Monday to Saturday (8am to Midnight)*
Sunday (8am to 11pm)*
For public holidays, please contact the Lettings Officer for availability.
*Times includes set up and clear down.
Music must finish at 22.00 hours on Sunday and 23.00 hours Monday to Saturday.
To book a viewing of the hall, please contact the Lettings Officer to arrange (date and times subject to availability).